Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Damon was born to Giuseppe Salvatore and an unnamed mother on June 28, 1840 in the small town of Mystic Falls, Virginia. His younger brother Stefan Salvatore is six years younger than him, and the two were extremely close. He joined the Confederate Army at some point, coming back when he was on leave to spend time at the Salvatore Estate. It is unclear when Damon first met Katherine Pierce, but he left the Confederacy and returned to Mystic Falls to spend more time with her. His father disapproved of his poor sense of duty. It was also revealed during flashbacks that Damon knew exactly what Katherine was, a Vampire, and that he willingly drank her blood. She was also shown teaching him how to stop victims, and the two kissed while she still had blood on her lips. Damon wanted to give up his human life and spend eternity with Katherine, and he begged Stefan to keep the secret from their father, who was a member of the Town Council and a vampire-hater. When Stefan broke that promise, and Katherine was taken away by those hunting vampires, Damon was chastised by his father for trying to save her. He was furious with Stefan, but agreed to work with him to rescue her. In the midst of their daring plan, they were both shot and killed by Giuseppe, who was ashamed his sons fell for a vampire. They both had Katherine’s blood in their systems, but Damon awakened first and went to Fell's Church, where they were burning the vampires, to witness the fire being set. When Stefan awakened the next morning, Damon told him that Katherine’s death meant his reason for living was gone, and he wouldn’t complete his transition into a vampire. When Stefan returned, having killed their father and fed on him, he forced Damon to drink from a young woman’s neck, completing his transition. He was not as volatile on blood, though, and he left Stefan’s company, disgusted with how he was acting and angered that Katherine had made him into a vampire as well. Damon also received a daylight ring from Emily Bennett, who told the brothers that she owed Katherine for saving her life. She told Damon that she’d spared the vampires in the church, but Damon didn’t tell this to Stefan until one hundred and forty-five years later, when he would be able to free Katherine from the church.===Arc 1===
For more information on Arc 1, Season 1 (which is basically 1 off the actual show) go here .
For more information on Arc 1, Season 2 (which is basically Season 2 off the actual show) go here .
For more information on Arc 1, Season 3 (which is basically Season 3 off the actual show) gohere .
First 14 Episodes
For more information on Arc 1, Season 4 (which is basically Season 4 off the actual show) go here .
FInal 9 Episodes
Season 1(Season 5)
Damon appears to be in his mid-20s, has light blue eyes and dark brown hair that goes to just below his earlobes, and is styled in a casual disarray style. He's pale and has a good physique, toned and fit, and he knows it; he has a big ego. Damon usually wears darker clothing: black boots under dark jeans, a black shirt, whether just a t-shirt or button up depends on the occasion, and is rarely seen without his leather jacket.
Damon was originally a very free-spirited young man, who was best friends with his younger brother Stefan Salvatore, instantly smitten with the vampire Katherine Pierce. His carefree life fell apart when Stefan betrayed Damon by alluding to their father that Katherine was a vampire; information that resulted in Katherine being trapped and taken to a church to be burned. Damon loved Katherine deeply and recklessly, not caring that his father was shamed of him, and doing whatever he could to get her back, even if it resulted in his death.
After he became a vampire, he left Stefan’s side, wanting no part in the life of the man who betrayed him. He selfishly kept the fact that Katherine was still alive from Stefan, jealous that his brother had also been turned by their shared lover. By the time he appears in season one, he’s been away from Stefan for at least eighty years (including the meeting in 1912), and he immediately begins taunting his brother, as a colder, more calloused version of his human self. Throughout season one, Damon is arrogant and sarcastic, showing little to no regard for human life and using whatever people he can get his hands on as his personal playthings. He shows pity to neither Caroline Forbes nor Vicki Donovan, even going so far as to kill Stefan’s football coach to "prove" that he has no humanity left. He is also portrayed as a very impulsive vampire, known for his self-destructive behavior and his devious, sadistic mind. Despite this, he stays focused on his only goal: getting Katherine out of the tomb. This shows his ability for planning and forethought, and certainly the patience to wait one hundred and forty-five years for the necessary comet to return.After Katherine is discovered to have been alive the entire time, and his reason for doing the things he has been doing shattered, Damon becomes more dangerous because he drinks alcohol constantly, bonding with others at the bar. He destructively taunts Alaric Saltzman about being the one to kill his wife, Isobel Flemming, but is confused when he finds that Isobel is Elena’s birthmother. He tempts his brother with human blood, though he knows exactly what Stefan used to be, and when Stefan goes off the deep end, Damon helps Elena detox him. He also genuinely thanks Bonnie Bennett for disabling the device that could kill him, surprising her with his sincerity. Every time his brother is put in a situation that endangers his life, Damon protects him, but he’s not afraid to cause Stefan non-lethal harm. Despite his anger with Stefan for his actions in the past, he hangs around, protecting him and working with him, sometimes destroying the good in his life. Their perplexing relationship seems to center around Elena, who anchors them to Mystic Falls. Elena is the oddity of Damon’s behavior, the anomaly that makes his personality far from psychopathic. In the beginning of the first season, Stefan is prepared to give up on his brother, believing him to be an irreparable monster, but Damon displays true feeling for Elena. Elena Gilbert is physically identical to Katherine, the woman who turned him into a vampire, making her not only a constant reminder of what happened to him and Stefan, but a temptation to let history repeat itself. When Katherine reveals that she never loved him (in the beginning of season two), Damon reacts by trying to get Elena to admit that she loves him, and when she tells him that she loves Stefan, he reacts impulsively, set off by both Katherine and Elena choosing his brother instead. He kills Elena’s brother, spending many weeks afterwards trying to make it up to Elena, showing true regret for his actions. Their relationship began with taunting and cruelty, but she became what he clings to for humanity; he became her occasional protector, a guardian of sorts. His impulsive actions often drive her away but she refuses to let him die, and he does the same for her.With Elena influencing him throughout the second and third seasons, Damon becomes slightly kinder, if only for the fact that he no longer mindlessly kills and torments humans without good reason, and he controls himself to be strong for Elena’s sake. He proves that he is capable of love, nobility, loyalty, and selflessness, masking the most intense of his emotions to spare himself from seeming weak, but expressing just enough to draw in a very small circle of friends (which he later drives away). He continues to claim that his emotions can be turned off, but several older vampires reveal that this is a lie; after a certain amount of time, a vampire has to pretend they can’t feel. The only time Damon had ever admitted his pain was when Elena told him that she would never kiss him back, to which he responded, “Now I’m hurt.” About halfway through the third season, Damon believes that Elena is trying to turn him into Stefan by constantly telling him to be the ‘better man.’ Others continue to underestimate him and, to display that he doesn’t care at all, he kills Alaric, with whom he’d developed a strong friendship. He also spends time trying to make it up to Alaric after his ring brings him back to life, treating him like a friend even though Alaric is extremely angry with him. He also snaps and feeds from Caroline’s father, and, after a very violent fight with Caroline, he is confronted by Elena. He’s even cruel to her, accusing her of trying to make him into something he’s not. His inner turmoil continues when Katherine reappears, and he recklessly takes her offer of a ‘road trip,’ leaving Elena defenseless only because he is mad at her. When he returns, he displays genuine regret and, in one of his most tell-all, modest moments of the show, he tells her that he will never leave her again, showing his extreme love and devotion to Elena, and his regret for making another impulsive decision. His other shining moment is when he said this to Elena: "I just have to say it once; you just need to hear it. I love you, Elena... and it's because I love you that I can't be selfish with you. Why, you can't know this. I don't deserve you... but my brother does. God, I wish you didn't have to forget this... but you do..." He compels her to forget that he said this (late in season two), because he believes it would be selfish to confuse Elena with his feelings. This is right after Stefan apologizes for making Damon turn in 1864, something that surprises Damon to the point of revelation: He realizes what he’s been doing to his brother, all following one stupid mistake. In reality, what Damon said to Elena proves that she has been molding him into a better person, because before that moment, he never would’ve done something so selfless. Damon also admits to missing his human life before he drunkenly kills Jessica Cohen in the middle of the road; this secret is kept from everyone around him. He lets the girl go, but immediately chases her down and kills her anyway in an effort to prove that he doesn’t really care. When his spirits are down, Damon solves his problems with alcohol (mostly bourbon), but he often uses violence and murder to console himself. By his own testimony, Damon claims that the reason why he can control his Vampiric urges is because he embraces what he is. Damon is also very self-confident, given that he’ll confront older, stronger vampires like Lexi, Anna, Pearl, Elijah, Klaus, Rebekah, Kol, Katherine Pierce, and Rose without hesitation, and without regard to manners, even when they themselves pose no signs of hostility towards him. He often taunts them, which results in him nearly being killed quite often as they are undeniably stronger than him. Further into season 4, Damon seems to have lost part of his authoritative and dominating personality, most likely because of Klaus, who is much stronger, older and more powerful than him.
Powers and Abillties
Some of these powers are more potent when the vampire gets older and feeds on human blood.
- Super Strength - Vampires are much stronger than humans and grow stronger with time. Even new vampires who are still in transition can toss a fully grown human across a room with great speed and force. Their strength is also more powerful then werewolves that are not in wolf form.
- Super Speed - Vampires can accelerate their movements to cover short distances in an instant, faster than the human eye can see. When running across long distances, they appear as vibrating blurs of motion.
- Emotional Control - Like all vampires, Damon has the ability to switch off his humanity.
- Dream Manipulation - Vampires can control dreams and subconscious. The vampires can produce and modify dreams, bestow nightmares or lucid dreaming. Other effects of this ability is the distortion of reality and trapped in the dreams.
- Heightened Senses - They can hear whispered conversations, even ones in far off buildings, smell blood, and see in total darkness.
- Mind Compulsion - Vampires have the ability to control minds, plague people's dreams, and alter/erase human memories.
- Immortality - A vampire stops aging once turned. Upon their transformation, vampires then on become immune to all conventional illness, disease, virus and infection. The only known disease or infection that can kill a vampire is a werewolf bite.
- Healing Factor - Vampires can snap their finger bones back into place after being broken and have been seen to fully recover from gunshots, stab wounds, and torso impalement.
- Lapis Lazuli - He possesses a Lapis Lazuli ring that enables him to walk in daylight without being harmed.
- Vampire Sire Bond - Elena Gilbert, one of the vampires he turned with his blood, is sired to him.
Former Powers and Abillties
Powers used by Damon in early episodes that were later written out by the directors.
- Weather Manipulation- In the early episodes of Season 1, Damon was able to create fogs and change the weather. This power was later discared because it was considered "too supernatural"
- Compelling Animals- Also in the early episodes of Season 1, Damon was able compel a crow to spy on Elena and Stefan. He later killed the crow by feeding on it, and hasn't used this power since. Although the crow was seen as a sign Damon had arrived in a flashback in the episode "1912".
- Vervain - When ingested, vervain causes a vampire to become severely weak and feverish. Also, If a vampire's skin is exposed to vervain, it can result in burning them. Damon is immune to it however.
- Wood - If a vampire is wounded by wood it will cause the vampire to become severely weak and if a vampire takes a wooden stake through its heart it will result in death.
- Fire or Sunlight - Any exposure to fire or sunlight will result in death to a vampire.
- Heart Extraction - The act of removing a vampire's heart will result in death.
- Werewolf Bite - The bite of a werewolf is extremely lethal to normal vampires.
- Magic - Witches are able to give supernatural aneurysms that cause the blood vessels of vampires to explode.
- Decapitation - The act of dismembering or removing the head of a vampire will result in death.
- Uninvited Invitation - Vampires cannot enter a house without being invited in. If they are in the house without being invited in they will become disoriented.
- Vampire Bloodline - Vampires who were turned by an original who turned others will die if the original is staked by the white oak stake.
- Desiccation - If a vampire does not have any sort of blood in their system, it will weaken them and make them be in a coma and it will cause their veins rubbing against each other and it is quite painful but if a human is near the vampire, their bloodlust will be too powerful to obtain.
- Hunter's Curse - If a vampire kills a member of The Brotherhood of the Five then they will be tormented by the hunter until they kill themselves or if the hunter is replaced then they will be free of torment